Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Piggybackr and EV3

We have started a fundraiser for all those interested in supporting us for another year.  

 

Please check out this link.

Piggybackr

Here is what we would like to do with the funds:  

Buy a one or two EV3's for the kids to use....

The new EV3 robotics Kit has come out.  I hope we will not be at a disadvantage if we don't have one.  In this kit you can use 4 motors instead of three.  That means you have one more motor for attachments.  
The NXTstep blog talks all about it. 



I did order the new caster ball attachment.  My son loves the functionality of the caster ball.  The other part shown here is a smaller turntable that I ordered.  There is a larger version of it in the Lego NXT resource kit.





 









You can order the Ev3 Education Core Set for $339.95.  The expansion kit is 99.95.  With a whole new system you will have to buy a software license $99.95 and a new battery charger $59.95 with a plug to charge it $24.95.  I don't know if you can charge it with your existing chargers.  The total comes out to $624.75.  That does not include shipping.


Okay is it worth it...let's see.  Here is what ToyBrickStation says:




Also we will need Registration Fees for next year's season.

Registration Fees:

$225.00

Field Set Up Kit:

$75.00

Local Registration:

around $60.00

T-Shirts:

$150 - $200

Last year I had to order a minimum so I ended up paying for 4 extra shirts.

Grant money does not cover all the expenses like shirts and trades at the qualifier.  It does not pay for the meeting cost or the presentation materials.  I am the kind of person if I am going to do something worth while I am going to do it right.










No comments:

Post a Comment